With our Wedding Band Event around the corner, we wanted to share 10 Tips From the Pros (our Managers) on buying Wedding Bands and Anniversary Bands:
1. Buy from a reputable jeweler! Buy from a jeweler who wants more than to just make a sale. Deal with one who wants to help you celebrate life’s most memorable moments, for a lifetime and more importantly, make sure they have a good reputation and proper credentials. We recommend checking out the American Gem Society to find a jeweler who is certified to what is the upmost standard in the jewelry world.
2. Plan ahead and order early, if necessary! With so many designs and custom fittings available, you may choose something that will require additional time. Many special orders can take upwards of 4 weeks or more and you want to make sure you have plenty of time before the wedding to make sure your ring is perfect.
3. Make sure it is what you want. Do you want his and her matching bands? Though matching bands are certainly available, it is not necessary to mach perfectly to either your engagement ring or your significant other's ring. Today, we find that more people are choosing non-traditional bands that include alternative metals or a different style that complements the engagement ring but gives it a new look. Also - another element to consider is what you do for a living. If you or your significant other works outside or with their hands, it may alter your decision as to what style works best for you everyday lifestyle.
4. Decide what is most important to you. Is the quality of the diamonds more important than the size? Do you want Platinum or Gold? What is your budget? All of these factors will determine what the best value may be for you. There are so many different options at all price points - ensuring you can find the perfect ring that matches all of your criteria.
5. Find a band that fits your engagement ring. If your engagement ring is set with a higher mounting, a curved band may be the best option so the wedding band runs flush with the engagement ring. Another option would be an insert or wrap which are two wedding bands soldered together to frame your engagement ring.
6. Customize it! Michaels Jewelers offers many additional services such as custom sizing and inside ring engraving. Did you see something on Pinterest or in a magazine? Bring a picture of your dream ring to our store and let our associates help your design the perfect ring. With our custom ring design, we can create your dream ring - the possibilities are endless!
7. Make sure it matches your metal type! You should consider matching your metals so they age the same over time. When it comes to the style of the ring, that’s where you can let your creativity kick in. Today, we find that mixing and matching different styles can complement your engagement ring.
8. Consider having your engagement ring and wedding band soldered together to prevent friction, wear and keep them always aligned. Don’t worry; this process can be easily reversed if you wish to upgrade your ring in the future.
9. Don't be afraid to add some color. Diamonds are the traditional stone when it comes to bridal however don't be afraid to add in your favorite gemstone. We love alternating deep hues of Sapphires or Rubies to give your wedding band a pop of color. Does a birthstone have significance to you? We have the ability to create any wedding band using gemstones.
10. Take advantage of our special events! Michaels Jewelers' Wedding Band Event takes place from March 24th-April 29th. During this time, when you buy one wedding band, you will receive a coupon up to $500* towards your second band! Plus - our weekend trunk shows will showcase hundreds of different styles and you have the opportunity to meet our vendors who can help you pick out the perfect ring. See below for trunk show dates:
March 24th - 25th – Meriden & Orange
March 31st - April 1st – Waterbury & Torrington
April 7th – 8th – Westfarms & Manchester
April 21st – 22nd – Avon & Danbury
April 28th – 29th - Trumbull & Bristol